'Together We Can' announced as this year's Dance Marathon theme

<p>&nbsp;The Dance Marathon organization reveals its theme through Zoom at 5 p.m. Sept. 23, 2020.&nbsp;</p>
 The Dance Marathon organization reveals its theme through Zoom at 5 p.m. Sept. 23, 2020. 

Dance Marathon's campaign this year is "Together We Can," the organization announced over Zoom on Wednesday. 

"When we were coming up with our campaign for the year, we wanted to pick something that represented, not only Dance Marathon, but the world we sort of live in today," Julian Masters, Dance Marathon's vice president of communications, said. 

This year, Dance Marathon's campaign highlights its goal of working together for the kids. "Together We Can" means contributing to the community, providing support to the Children's Hospital and raising money to sustain the Child Life Program. 

"Obviously this year is so unique with everything going on in the world, we don't want people to lose sight of coming together and the power that we truly have when we do that," Masters said. 

Some of that power Masters mentioned is how Dance Marathon is able to fully fund the Child Life Program at Prisma Health Children's Hospital, which is a program that helps to make the hospital experience easier for kids and families, according to Masters. 

"We want people to stay motivated, because we fully fund the Child Life Program, and we can do that if we come together. Together we can," Masters said.  

The main event and meetings will look different this year, Masters said.

"I think that we have to do a lot more planning, because we have no idea what February looks like. We've been meeting virtually, we've been meeting in small groups in person when we can with masks on, six-feet apart, following those social distancing guidelines," Masters said. 

This pandemic has changed many aspects of our day-to-day lives, but Dance Marathon's goal remains the same, according to Dance Marathon president Grace Lady. 

"One thing that hasn't changed is the need for support for children's hospitals across the U.S. and in our very own community. Together we can be that support. Together we can make changes on our campus, in our community and for thousands of local kids' lives," Lady said.