"Harry Potter" fans might remember that pumpkin juice is a popular beverage in the wizarding world that is often enjoyed by Harry and his friends. This simple recipe, inspired by one found in "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," helps to bring a little of that magic into real life.
This recipe makes one serving, but by adjusting the measurements, you can make delicious pumpkin juice perfect for larger crowds, such as parties, celebrations or a "Harry Potter" movie marathon with friends.
1 cup sparkling ginger beer
1 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1. Measure the sparkling ginger beer and pour it into a pitcher. You can use non-alcoholic ginger beer, but an alcoholic variety would work great, too.
2. Measure out the apple juice and pour it into the pitcher over ginger beer.
3. Pour the pumpkin puree into the pitcher.
4. Stir ingredients well. Be sure to stir until the pumpkin puree is blended with liquids for a smooth consistency.
5. Chill until the drink is very cold.
6. Stir or shake the pumpkin juice again, as the pumpkin will settle to the bottom of the glass.
7. Add some finishing touches. You can add some whipped cream on top of your drink, add a few drops of vanilla extract or customize it in any other way you'd like.
8. Enjoy your drink at a quidditch match or at breakfast with Ron and Hermione.