COVID-19 on campus: USC reports 386 active cases, a decrease from last week

The updated COVID-19 dashboard reported a total of 386 active COVID-19 cases — a decrease from last week's case count of 420. 

Of the total cases, 367 are student cases and 19 are employee cases. 

Between Sept. 5 and Sept. 11, USC conducted 8,336 student tests, with a student positive rate of 3.6%. This is a lower rate than the 5.1% student positive rate between Aug. 29 to Sept. 4. 

Of the total 9,737 tests, 1,401 were faculty and staff tests with a positive rate of 1.1%. 

Since Aug. 1, there have been 1,157 positive COVID-19 cases. Of those, 771 have recovered.

Students and faculty can find their testing schedules and locations for this week on the university’s COVID-19 website. Testing will be available at the south entrance of the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center, at the Russell House basement and at 1311 Pendleton Street.

As of Sept. 11, it is estimated that the vaccination rate on campus is around 64.7% total between students, faculty and staff. The student vaccination rate is around 64.0%, faculty vaccination rate is around 74.8% and staff vaccination rate is around 64.0%. This is just a slight increase from last week's vaccinate estimate. 

The alert level is at 0.60 and is set between the “new normal” and “low” levels. The alert level is based on 11 factors, including campus testing, isolation capacity and campus case burden.

The COVID-19 dashboard is updated every Tuesday.