Crime Blotter for Jan. 10 to Jan. 17

-An officer was called to West Quad late on the night of Jan. 11 in response to the strong smell of marijuana in a hallway. The officer knocked on the door of where the smell was believed to be coming from and he heard one student say “hide.” When a resident of the apartment opened the door, the officer asked him to bring out any marijuana. The student presented a pizza box that contained marijuana and a yellow pipe used to smoke marijuana. The student said that the marijuana was his and the other people in the apartment were visitors from out of town. The student was cited for possessing marijuana.

-An officer was patrolling on Blossom Street early on the morning of Jan. 14 when he saw a taxi parked on the side of the road. A group of men were arguing with the taxi driver because one of the men had vomited in the back seat. The man who had thrown up was sitting on the ground. He was unresponsive and struggled to stand. The man was cited for disorderly conduct and sent to Palmetto Health Baptist.

-An officer was walking into the Kangaroo gas station on Whaley Street on the night of Jan. 16 when he saw a man take an alcoholic beverage out of a cooler, but return the beverage to the cooler when the man saw the officer. The officer asked the man for his ID and the man said he didn’t have one. The officer asked for his CarolinaCard, and the man complied. While the man was taking his CarolinaCard, the officer noticed a New York driver’s license in the wallet. The officer asked to see it and realized the ID had been altered to make the man over 21. The man was cited for having an altered ID.

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.