Weekly rundown April 21-28

Five of the week’s biggest events

Who: Nicole Byer
What: Stand up comedy
When: April 22, 8 p.m.
Where: Russell House Ballroom
Cost: Free

Loud and sassy, comedian Nicole Byer has made a name for herself giving advice on everything from first date conversation to curved penises via MTV’s Girl Code. If you’re a fan of “Oops did I just say that?” humor or Cosmopolitan Magazine’s advice columns, stop by Byer’s one-woman show and prepare to get told. Mm-hmm.

Who: Old Crow Medicine Show
What: Live music
When: April 24, doors open at 7 p.m.
Where: Township Auditorium, 1703 Taylor St.
Cost: $25-35

No matter where you find yourself on a Thursday night in Columbia, you can guarantee that “Wagon Wheel” will be blasted at some point between 1 and 2 a.m. Get rocked like a southbound train in person with Old Crow Medicine Show, who released the song a decade before Darius Rucker made it a platinum record. The band, along with musical peers like Trampled By Turtles, is a pioneer in a genre that some refer to as “Newgrass” — an alternative-infused bluegrass revival characterized by fiddle, banjo, guitar, harmonica and lots of foot-stomping.

Who: Kwesi K and Nate Walker
What: Live music
When: April 24, 8 p.m.
Where: Red Door Tavern, 134 ½ State St.
Cost: $3

Philadelphian singer-songwriter Kwesi K is stopping by to promote his latest album, “Lovely” — a hit-and-miss effort that doesn’t quite know what to do with his incredible, folky R&B voice. At its best, tracks like “Great Goodbye” back his soulful vocals with jam band gee-tar that keep the pace at a lively tempo. At its worst, the album becomes so bogged down by spacey acoustics that tracks like “Lovely” are the perfect cure for insomnia.

What: Midlands March for Babies
When: April 26, 8 a.m.
Where: South Carolina State Fairgrounds
Cost: Donation

March for Babies, a fundraiser hosted by March of Dimes, raises funds for local programs that seek to end premature births. Since they started walking in 1970, the charity has raised over $2 billion for babies. The walk also funds research for other health problems that affect infants. So strap on your best walking sneakers and securely fasten your fanny pack in support Columbia’s mothers — and their little bundles of joy.

What: 7th Annual Greater Columbia Record Fair
When: April 27, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Columbia Museum of Art, 1515 Main St.
Cost: Free

Gone vinyl and can’t go back to the digital days? First of all, stop thinking you’re better than everyone else. Second, hop on your bicycle and pedal to the Greater Columbia Record Fair. Fill your handlebar basket with choice picks in records, LPs and 45s. They’ve also got a beer garden and KC’s hot dogs.

— Compiled by Alex Buscemi, Mix Editor