Daily Gamecock brings home 28 awards at annual South Carolina Press Association Collegiate Awards

The Daily Gamecock took home 28 awards for their work in 2014 at the annual South Carolina Press Association Collegiate Awards Presentation on April 10 at Bob Jones University. 

I counted them.

“Our staff has worked incredible hard over the last year and it’s always exciting to be recognized for that kind of effort,” Hannah Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Gamecock, said.

The Daily Gamecock was proud to receive 14 first-place awards: Jeffrey for news story, feature story and individual use of social media; Ben Crawford for editorial writing; Kristmar Muldrow for page one design portfolio; Kelly Villwock for tabloid page one design portfolio; Cody Scoggins for photograph; Jeffrey Davis for sports photograph and Kody Kratzer for single advertisement. The Daily Gamecock staff were awarded first place honors for use of social media, 2014 election coverage, special edition and website. Jeffrey was also named the Collegiate Journalist of the Year.

“After literally thousands of stories and photos and designs, it’s definitely satisfying for it to lead up to this,” Jeffrey said.

The newspaper was also named second in general excellence in the state of South Carolina.