The new No. 1: Wilson now top scorer in program history

A'ja Wilson entered the SEC Tournament uncertain if she was going to play due to vertigo symptoms, but she made her presence known on Saturday as she became the all-time leading scorer in South Carolina history. 

Wilson needed just five points to pass Sheila Foster and was able to reach that mark pretty quickly, scoring 21 points in only 27 minutes during Saturday's win. Foster (1979-1982) had 2,266 in 134 games. Wilson now has 2,298 points over her career. 

For Wilson, the accomplishment means more to her than just being in the record book. 

"It's a blessing, it really is, to kind of be the homegrown child who came in and just kind of ... and now she's the leading scorer," Wilson said. "I mean it is a blessing and an honor to have that. But I give it all to my teammates. I wouldn't have been able to do what I do without them. So really I give it all to them. They help me out a ton off and on the court. So that goes to them, honestly."

Wilson also had 11 rebounds on the night for her double-double number 21 on the season and 51 in her career, which puts her in third place in the record book in that category. Wilson is top five in several other South Carolina record book categories. She is third in rebounds, second in 20+ point games, second in SEC rebounds, first in blocks, free throws made, first in free throws attempted, first in SEC points and is fourth in offensive rebounds. 

While Wilson's career at South Carolina is coming to a close, Gamecock fans will remember her as one of the best, if not the best, to ever play in garnet and black. When she is eligible to have her jersey go up into the rafters, it will be the ending to a great chapter in Gamecock basketball history.