The Mix Tape: Five MTV Reality TV Stars We're Obsessing About This Week

MTV reality shows have been the target of controversy for years, touching on many hot-button issues like teen pregnancy and partying and shooting young teens and 20-somethings into a life of largely undeserved fame. The cast of “Jersey Shore” has become internationally known, making millions by perfecting the art of working out, tanning and doing laundry, while “Teen Mom” stars are plastered on the covers of tabloids week after week. Although these “reality” shows all share some questionable values, we can’t help but love a few of their starring personalities. These are the five MTV reality stars we’re obsessing about this week. 1. Snooki (“Jersey Shore”)

Everybody knows her — the little meatball guidette we’ve all come to know and maybe even love. With famous and hilarious quotes like, “Oh, my vagina’s out,” and, “Honestly, like who hides in a bush? Only me. I will pee in a bush, I will poop in a bush, I will hide in a bush,” Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi has cemented her place in the reality TV star hall of fame. The hit reality show airs Thursdays at 10 p.m.

2. Jordan (“I Used to Be Fat”)

Last week’s episode of MTV’s latest reality show “I Used to Be Fat” spotlighted 18-year-old high school senior Jordan’s summer weight loss journey. Attributing his overweight lifestyle to a troubled childhood with an alcoholic mother, Jordan uprooted his eating habits and lifestyle to shed nearly 70 pounds before college. With help from his hunky, heavily tattooed personal trainer Joey, Jordan floored viewers with an almost unrecognizable new look. He transformed his body while picking up a girlfriend, a best friend and a renewed relationship with his mother along the way.  This makes Jordan our most transformed and amiable of the bunch. “I Used to Be Fat” airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

3. Liz Lee (“My Life as Liz”)
Lovable hipster Liz Lee has put a new spin on the typical high school drama in her semi-reality show “My Life as Liz.” A self-proclaimed member of the “nerd herd,” Liz lives out the stereotypical teenager angst but makes it so much cooler. She befriends the queen of the high school’s “mean girls” and shows up to the most exclusive of house parties dressed as a giant bunch of grapes. The new season, “My Life as Liz 2,” follows our favorite softcore rebel to New York City, where she attends art school at Pratt Institute and struggles with life away from her friends and family back in Texas. It premieres this Tuesday at 11 p.m.

4. Leah Messer (“Teen Mom 2”)

The teen moms featured on MTV’s “Teen Mom 2” are following in the footsteps of the first season’s famed stars, taking over the “celebrity” gossip scene with their endless romances, family drama and “bad girl” antics. However, this season’s Leah Messer has impressed viewers with her shocking transition from 16-year-old party girl to responsible young mother, dealing with hardships way beyond her age. Messer, who had twin girls Ali and Aleeah with rebound boyfriend Corey Simms, has gotten her act together in light of baby Ali’s possible spinal damage. Our fingers are crossed for baby Ali and the couple’s rumored recent marriage. “Teen Mom 2” airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

5. Pauly D (“Jersey Shore”)
With his famous gelled-up and cemented-in-place hairstyle and laid-back personality, Pauly D from “Jersey Shore” has become a favorite of the tanned, party-loving cast. On his carefully constructed and unusually stiff spiked hair, Pauly said, “My hair didn’t even move an inch, and I was in and out of the water. My hair’s windproof, waterproof, soccerproof, motocycleproof. I’m not sure if my hair’s bulletproof, I’m not willin’ to try that.” Perfecting the “T-shirt time” call and the art of dodging “grenades,” Pauly D is our vote for most eligible bachelor in Seaside.