USC ends layoff with trip to Fayetteville to take on Hogs

Lady Gamecocks return after weeklong break

"They have a team full of athletes that can change the complexion of a game at the drop of a hat," Staley said. "We've got to make sure that we know the game plan and we execute it."

Both teams are five games behind No. 1 Tennessee in the SEC, with matching conference records of 4-5. Arkansas has the better overall record at 16-5, but all of its losses have come in conference play.

Despite being near the bottom half of the SEC standings, Staley said the team never lacks motivation, and dreams of March will keep them mentally focused for the final stretch.

"I think our team is one that is very smart. They take it seriously," Staley said. "Their motivation is to get to the NCAA Tournament. So that is enough to keep somebody motivated every time they step onto the floor."

Ieasia Walker has been leading the Gamecocks this season, averaging 12.5 points per game. The sophomore is also grabbing an average of four rebounds per game. Walker will need to be on top of her game Sunday to go head-to-head with Ricketts. Staley said the key to victory will be her team playing its game and getting off to a good start. The Gamecocks have struggled away from home this season, netting only one win on the road.

"We've got to focus on, from an offensive standpoint, making sure that we're more fluid running our offense and seeing the options that are out there," Staley said.

Also playing well for South Carolina lately is junior Courtney Newton. Last week against Georgia, Newton had a standout performance, shooting a perfect five-for-five from 3-point range to help pull off an upset of the then-No. 20 ranked Bulldawgs squad.

Since the teams began their series in 1992, South Carolina has trailed 7-16, with only one win in Fayetteville, which came in 2007.