St. Pat's in Five Points

This Saturday's St. Pat's in Five Points festival will feature family-friendly attractions alongside an extensive lineup of live music.

This year's event introduces an improved festival Comfort Zone, which will be located next to the fountain at the corners of Greene and Harden streets, said Five Points Association Executive Director Merritt McHaffie. The Comfort Zone will be stocked with water, first aid kits and sunscreen and will serve as a lost-and-found point for festival patrons.

The beer garden on Santee Avenue, returning for the third year in a row, offers patrons of lawful drinking age both microbrews and imported beers that differ from those being sold by vendors. It also provides tables for families looking for an escape from the festival crowds and stages.

This year's live music lineup is spread across four stages in the Five Points area and features national recording artists such as Corey Smith, JJ Grey and Mofro, and The Dirty Heads. The music portion of the day kicks of at noon with Whiskey Tango Revue, winner of this year's St. Pat's in Five Points Battle of the Bands contest, and comes to a close at 6 p.m.

Other festival events include the Get to the Green 5k run and one-mile race at 8:30 a.m. and the St. Pat's Parade, which starts at Dreher High School and moves down Devine Street into the Five Points area, at 10 a.m. Tickets for the festival can be purchased in advance at www.stpats5points.com for $12 or can be purchased for $15 at the gate the day of the festival.