The Mix Tape: Five Summer Tours We're Obsessing About This Week

Guster w/ Jack's Mannequin
Boston-based alternative band Guster will be headlining a tour with rock group Jack's Mannequin this summer, traveling down the East Coast from New York to Florida. This is a defining tour for Jack's Mannequin and Andrew McMahon, who originally started the band as a side project during his time as front man for alternative act Something Corporate. Mannequin's third studio release "People and Things" is due out later this year, while Guster will be riding its October release "Easy Wonderful." McMahon and the California quartet are marked by their piano-driven performances, while Guster is famous for its humor-infused sets of chill rock hits. The tour will kick off in Baltimore Aug. 7, with stops in Myrtle Beach, Charlotte and Charleston in August. Tickets went up for presale Monday and can be purchased on Ticketmaster.

Adele
English singer/songwriter Adele Adkins, simply known as Adele, is defined by her unmatchable vocals, infusing an unreal soul into her catchy, mainstream songs. Racking up awards at the 2009 Grammys, Adele came into her own with her sophomore release "21," featuring chart-topper "Rolling in the Deep." Her North American summer tour is set to promote the February album, already selling out venues on the list of 23 cities. The tour's first show is in Washington D.C., on May 12, ending June 20 in Nashville. Adele will visit Atlanta and Asheville, N.C., with tickets available from $40 on Ticketmaster.

Bruno Mars
Hawaiian-born pop star Peter Hernandez, better known by his stage name Bruno Mars, is winning over the airwaves with his upbeat, feel-good tunes like single "Marry You." The singer/songwriter's undeniable charm and good looks launched him into mainstream fame this past year, competing with the established names for the top spots on the charts. His international summer tour, titled "Hooligans in Wondaland" is sure to offer the pop-heavy, soulful charisma Mars has trademarked, co-headlining with indie R&B singer Janelle Monae, who is best known for her single "Tightrope." Mars and Monae have already sold out four venues in Australia, and will also stop in New Zealand, Paris and the United Kingdom. The tour will come to Atlanta at the Fox Theatre May 10, and tickets are available for $46 on Ticketmaster.

Taylor Swift
After immensely positive reception for her previous headlining tours, sweet-voiced country pop idol Taylor Swift will be at it again this summer. Starting in late May, the starlet will be filling arenas all over the country with hits off her latest album, "Speak Now," including "Mine," "Back to December" and her latest single, "Story of Us." She'll be hitting spots around the Columbia area in early July, including a stop at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C., on July 8 and back-to-back shows at the Philips Arena in Atlanta on July 9 and 10. If you're not going to be in the Columbia area over the summer, visit www.taylorswift.com/tour for dates near you. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster from $27 to $71.50. If you can't catch her on her summer tour, Swift will be in Columbia on Nov. 18 at the Colonial Life Arena.

fun. w/ Panic! at the Disco
Teaming up with fellow pop rockers in Panic! at the Disco, members of fun., a new project of Nate Ruess from The Format and Andrew Dost from Anathallo, will be trekking across America during the early part of the summer. fun.'s newest album, "Aim and Ignite," showcases the band's undeniable talent and Ruess's unmistakable vocals, garnering the band fans from all across the nation. Show dates start on May 20 in Philadelphia and end on June 29 in Omaha, Neb. They'll be passing through the Carolinas with a May 27 show at The Tabernacle in Atlanta and a May 31 concert at The Fillmore in Charlotte, N.C. Check out www.ournameisfun.com/tour for more tour stops. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster for $25.