Students not credited for attending Navy game

USC says problem will soon be fixed

USC’s student ticketing system didn’t work for Saturday’s night game, leaving every student in attendance with a subtracted loyalty point for missing a game they actually attended.

Scanners at each gate registered attendance and gave students credit for entering, said Anna Edwards, director of student services at USC. But when those scanners were synced with the TicketReturn server at the Colonial Life Arena, data from the scanners didn’t upload, Edwards said.

Edwards said USC officials were working to upload the data Sunday afternoon and that students who attended the game would be credited before the claim period began this week for Vanderbilt’s game. She blamed the error on first-game woes and said it wouldn’t affect students' chances for future tickets.

Frustrated students took to social media Sunday afternoon, curious to why their point total showed -1 for the Navy game.

“Honestly, I want the point back or at least have it be neutral,” said Andrew Welsh, a second-year law student.

Welsh said he’d entered the stadium an hour early specifically to get the extra loyalty point, and was even more disappointed about the malfunction because of it.

“The whole point I went in early was for the extra points,” he said.

Eric Cash a fourth-year student double-majoring in global supply chain and operations management and accounting, said he understood that every system has its flaws.

“I guess it’s technology, there are glitches every once in a while,” Cash said. “As long as it’s fixed and doesn’t affect the lottery for the Vanderbilt game, it’s not a big deal.”