Ticketing to host three student forums

Fans have chance to express opinions, concerns on system

But last year, in the midst of a school-record 11-win season, it wasn’t the football team doling out disappointment.

Instead, students often found themselves embroiled in issues with their tickets — and with the police, as a shortage of wristbands and influx of nonstudents in the student section spurred a number of run-ins with law enforcement.

At the Carolina–Clemson game, the seasonlong ticketing issues came to a head, as a group of about 150 students denied access to the game tried to push their way past officers and event staff into the stadium. Twenty-nine of them were later taken into custody by police.

To remedy the spate of incidents, student ticketing has floated a number of suggestions.

Among them: charging for tickets, assigning seats in the lower deck and switching the office’s system from TicketReturn to Ticketmaster.

Those ideas were not received well by many USC students, but few of them showed up at a ticketing forum last semester to discuss them.

Student ticketing is hosting another three meetings next week and sent a campuswide email encouraging students to attend them.

"Please come out and hear about what’s next for student ticketing and share your opinions and concerns," they wrote.

All forums will be held in RH Room 315 Monday at 3 p.m., Tuesday at noon and Thursday at 5:30 p.m.