Education improved with new technology

High-tech solutions needed in classrooms

Using digital devices such as computer programs and iPads, students' assignments can be tailored to their needs. Students struggling with a particular concept would receive questions targeting the weakness until it is overcome. And in high-tech classrooms, it is easier for teachers to monitor students' progress. In high-tech classrooms, teachers will be more focused on one-on-one instruction as specific students need it. The individualized learning environment would create a more robust classroom dynamic with the increased likelihood of new insights from students.

The technologies could be integrated slowly with an eye toward the programs' effectiveness.

This concept of blended learning may be able to cut costs of providing education. The hybrid learning method would lower some of the hours that teachers work and help maintain the fiscal health of the state. This could be balanced by teachers getting compensation for more research, certification and training. There could be strict guidelines on how many hours may be credited and where the approved incentive sites are held.

New technology can help create a pathway for a more complete learning atmosphere for our future South Carolinians in the classroom.