Setting the stage: Where to be this weekend — and when to be there

ESPN's College GameDay sets up on the Horseshoe Thursday.

College GameDay's getting ready to broadcast from the Horseshoe Saturday, and the Gamecocks are preparing for kickoff. Here's what you need to know for the weekend:

[cincopa AUHAo-a1LPgc]

TODAY

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Make posters for GameDay on Greene Street. USC’s providing supplies, and “Sandstorm” will play at noon.

5 p.m.: Tents are allowed on the Horseshoe between the GameDay set and the McKissick Museum.

Nothing can be placed in the ground; climbing, pets, cooking, coolers and alcohol aren’t allowed either.

Midnight: Freshens and Horseshoe Deli close; the Russell House will be open all night, and port-a-johns will be in the parking lot behind Harper/Elliott College.

SATURDAY

12:15 & 2:15 a.m.: Pizza is delivered at the Horseshoe.

7 a.m.: Tents, sleeping bags and other gear must be removed, and the ESPN pit opens.

8 a.m.: Parking at the farmers market, fairgrounds and ETV open. About 400 single-game spots will be up for sale in the fairgrounds, and 80 will be open in the farmers market. Parking will also be open for free in the Colonial Life Arena lots and for $3 in the Discovery Garage; a shuttle to the stadium is available.

8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.: A free shuttle service connects the GameDay set and Williams-Brice Stadium. At the stadium, buses will pick passengers up in the northwest corner, near the marquee.

9 a.m. to noon: ESPN’s College GameDay broadcasts live from the Horseshoe.

2 p.m.: The Armory parking lot opens.

2:30 p.m.: The Lexington Medical Center Gamecock Village opens.

4:40 p.m.: Players and coaches walk through the farmers market for the weekend’s Gamecock Walk.

5 p.m.: Lowe’s hosts a tailgate in the farmers market, featuring a free concert with Billy Currington.

5 p.m.: Early gates to the stadium open.

5:30 p.m.: All gates open.

7 p.m.: The No. 6 Gamecocks take on No. 5 Georgia before a sold-out stadium and nationwide on ESPN.