Crime Blotter for Nov. 8 to Nov. 15

Crime Blotter for Nov. 8 to Nov. 15

— An officer was at the intersection of Whaley and Assembly streets late on the night of Nov. 8 and saw a man wearing all camouflage stumble and fall on his face. The man was helped up by a female companion and stumbled towards Aspyre apartments. He refused to stop for the officer multiple times before speaking with the officer. The man was hostile and began to curse. The officer told the man to stop cursing and the man said he could do what he wanted because his father “knew some sheriffs.” When the officer asked the man’s name, he responded by peppering his name with expletives. After being cleared by a paramedic, the man was arrested for disorderly conduct, possessing beer underage and having another person’s ID.

— Early on the morning of Nov. 9, an officer was patrolling near the intersection of Blossom and Henderson streets when he saw a man staggering on the sidewalk and almost walking into traffic. The officer made contact with the man, who almost fell over while speaking to the officer. His eyes were glossy, red and bloodshot; his speech was slurred, and he smelled strongly of alcohol. The man told the officer he had been drinking a lot and handed over a fake ID when asked if he had one. He was cited for possessing beer underage and having a fake ID.

— While on patrol early Thursday morning, two officers saw a gold station wagon heading west on Blossom Street. The car drifted between lanes and made sharp turns. The officers stopped the car and spoke with the driver, who said he had been drinking at Bar None. He told the officers he had three beers and three shots at the bar. After doing two sobriety tests, the man refused to take a third, saying he didn’t want to take it because he wouldn’t pass it and he didn’t want to embarrass himself. He was arrested for driving under the influence.