Crime Blotter for Feb. 10 to Feb. 21

Crime Blotter for Feb. 10 to Feb. 21

— An officer was dispatched to Bates House on Feb. 12 in response to an intoxicated male student who had discharged a fire extinguisher in someone’s room. Upon arrival, the officer made contact with the student, who was unsteady on his feet, had bloodshot eyes and slurred his words. The officer then went to the room in which the offender had sprayed the fire extinguisher. According to the student living in the room, the intoxicated student came into the room and sprayed everything in the room. The offender was charged for minor in possession of beer, possession of a fake ID and malicious injury to private property.

— While on patrol, an officer was dispatched to Columbia Hall on Feb. 20 in reference to the smell of marijuana on the eighth floor. When the officer asked the student in the room if he had marijuana, the student said there was and handed over a green leafy substance, two grinders and an electric pipe. The officer then asked the student is there was any alcohol in the room, to which the student said there was. He then retrieved multiple cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon, Bud Light, a bottle of Corona, a handle of Smirnoff Orange, a handle of Seagram’s Gin and Juice, a handle of honey-flavored whiskey and two cans of Four Loko. The officer watched as the student disposed of all of the alcohol.

— An officer was checking property on Feb. 21, when he saw a man urinating on a tree in front of Blatt P.E. Center. When the man saw the officer’s car, he began to run up the steps of the Bates walkway. After speaking with the man, the officer could smell alcohol on his breath and noticed he had slurred speech and uncoordinated balance. The man said he had been in Five Points and was going to his girlfriend’s room in Bates House. The man also told the officer he drank eight screwdrivers. The man placed under arrest for public disorderly conduct.

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

Editor’s note: Records for the majority of last week were not available in time for last Sunday’s blotter. Today’s blotter includes incidents from last week and the week before.