Crime Blotter for Feb. 8 to Feb. 9

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

— While on patrol last Sunday night, an officer saw a man leaning on the guard rails by the Strom Thurmond Fitness and Wellness Center on Assembly Street. After he ran the man’s information, the officer saw that there was an outstanding warrant for the man’s name in Richmond, Va. for violation of probation. In Virgina, violation of probation carries imprisonment of at least a year. A Fugitive from Justice Warrant form was completed and the man was brought to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

— An officer responded to East Quad in response to a call regarding the smell of marijuana coming from a room last Sunday night. Upon arrival, the officer met with the resident mentor and continued to the room from which the smell was coming. A student answered the door and handed over a titanium grinder, three rolling paper packs and a clear zip lock plastic bag that contained a “green leafy substance,” according to the incident report. The student was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana and a student discipline.

— While an officer was patrolling the Horseshoe last Monday night, he saw a woman in black pants and a jacket running from the area. After he began to follow her, the officer noticed a backpack, water bottle and cell phone on the ground next to the Maxcy Monument and assumed them to be hers. Upon further investigation, the officer found that the woman lived in Capstone, but her roommate said she was staying with a friend in Thornwell College. When the officer arrived to Thornwell, he saw the woman who had fled the Horseshoe and smelled alcohol on her breath. She was steady on her feet but admitted to having two vodka drinks earlier in the evening. She was later cleared medically, issued a citation for Minor in Possession of Liquor and escorted back to Capstone.

Editor’s note: Records for the majority of last week were not available Sunday. Only incidents through Feb. 9 were recorded.