Crime Blotter for March 22 to March 28

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

— While driving through an Assembly Street parking lot, an officer saw a blue Honda Accord with two people inside, one of which appeared to be smoking out of a glass pipe. When asked, both people in the car admitted to smoking marijuana but said the car did not belong to them, and that the owner was working at Wing Zone. The officer went into Wing Zone and asked the car’s owner if the marijuana he found inside the car was his, and he said it was. He also told the officer there was more marijuana in a backpack in the car, along with $2,025 from drug sales. The original passengers were issued citations for simple possession of marijuana and released. The Wing Zone employee was placed under arrest and brought to USCPD headquarters.

— An officer pulled over a man on a black moped Friday night after the moped swerved between lanes and made an improper turn. The man admitted to making the improper turn and said he was coming back from working in Five Points. The officer smelled alcohol on the man’s breath, and asked if he had been drinking that night, to which the man responded “three or four beers and a shot.” The man’s attitude changed drastically throughout the stop, ranging form polite and compliant to extreme rage, according to the incident report. The man was cited for driving under the influence 2nd offense and issued a warning for disregarding a stop sign.

— Two officers arrived at the Thomas Cooper Library last Tuesday in response to a suspicious person following female students around the stacks of books on the third floor. The officers found the suspect getting of the elevator on the main level and verified his identity with the night security supervisor. The officer ran the suspect’s information and noted that the suspect had been cited for trespass by the library staff in September. He was placed under arrest for trespass after notice and transported to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.