Crime Blotter for March 29 to April 3

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

— While on patrol on the Horseshoe, an officer saw a woman hunched over against the Maxcy monument. The woman was startled awake by the officer’s flashlight, and stumbled when she tried to stand up. When asked why she was sitting in the rain, the woman told the officer she enjoyed the rain. The officer asked if she had been drinking, and then woman said she had four beers at Group Therapy in Five Points, where she said she had used her resident mentor’s license to get in. The woman was placed under arrest because she had been drinking under the age of 21 and was in possession of someone else’s license.

— An officer arrived at Patterson Hall last weekend, where a woman was vomiting in front of the building. The woman told the officers she had been drinking all day at Carolina Cup and had left the event on the wrong bus. She was a student at UNC Wilmington and thought she was getting on a bus to go back to Charlotte, but accidentally ended up on a bus to Columbia instead. The woman was cited for minor in possession of beer.

— An officer arrived at Bates West last week in response to a call about vandalism. The officer met with a housing maintenance employee who said the maintenance department received a call from a woman living in Bates West regarding a cord holding a scaffold that had been tapping on her window. She was annoyed with the cord and decided to cut it, which caused the scaffold to fall. The estimated value of the damage was $400, according to the incident report.