Rector to open CP spring concert

It’s official: Ben Rector will open for Andy Grammer at Carolina Productions’ spring concert April 17.

Rector will start off the show at 8 p.m., warming up the crowd before Grammer takes the stage. Carolina Productions President Adam Mayer said Rector will complement Grammer nicely, since both are pop-rock singer-songwriters.

“I think it’s exciting to have two similar acts that complement each other on one stage,” Mayer said. “They’re two popular artists in today’s music world, and they’re going to be on stage together for one concert.”

Mayer said both artists will keep the audience on their feet with their high energy songs and can also bring it down a notch with their slower, more mellow numbers.

“Both acts are going to rock the stage,” Mayer said. “They both have jams students will really get into.”

Tickets will be available Monday, but Mayer warned that they may run out quickly.

Mayer said that Grammer will be paid $30,000, which is includes artist fees, transportation, lodging and other expenses. Mayer said CP does not have Rector’s contract back, but his performance will cost less than Grammer’s.

And this year, CP’s spring concert will return to the Koger Center, which has housed larger concerts in the past.

“Really excited to change up the venue,” Mayer said. “The Koger is a great fit for this kind of concert, so I hope the student body agrees as well.”