Weekend Calendar: Sept. 19-21

FRIDAY

COLUMBIA GREEK FESTIVAL

Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 1931 Sumter Street

Thu through Sat, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sun, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Free

This weekend marks the Columbia Greek Festival’s 28th year bringing the culture to South Carolina. In addition to the great food, the event offers music, food and the opprotunity to experience traditional greek culture. Admission to the festival is free.

CAROLINA CLASSIC

Volleyball Competition Center

Fri, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., Free with CarolinaCard

The South Carolina volleyball team hosts the Carolina Classic this weekend, starting off the competition with a Friday doubleheader against Norfolk State and Eastern Kentucky. The Gamecocks are an unbeaten 3-0 at home  this season and look to continue that run throughout the tournament.

BIG SOMETHING / BYOG

New Brookland Tavern, 122 State Street

Fri, 8:30 p.m., $8

BIG Something, a Burling, N.C. based alt-rock band, will take the stage Friday night at the New Brookland Tavern. Fusion jam rock group BYOG from Charleston, S.C.will open for BIG Something.

STEPHENSILLER TUNNEL TO TOWERS 5K RUN & WALK

Music Farm Columbia, 1022 Senate Street

Fri, 7 p.m., $25

This Friday's race will honor U.S. military veterans, including USC Student and Medal of Honor recipient Kyle Carpenter. The post-race celebration will feature musician Hunter Hayes. Admission to the race requires a race bib.

SATURDAY

ANNUAL S.C. LGBT PRIDE PARADE

Main Street

Sat, 12 p.m., Free

September marks the South Carolina Pride Parade’s 25th anniversary of the LGBT community marching strong in Columbia’s downtown. Featuring celebrity guests Deborah Cox and Lorrie Morgan, the parade will kick off a day-long celebration, followed by a festival from 1 to 10 p.m.

ROSEWOOD ARTS FESTIVAL

Rockaways Athletic Club, 2719 Rosewood Drive

Sat, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Free

This weekend’s arts festival will showcase over 100 South Carolina-based artists specializing in everything from woodworking to painting. The event is open to the public and will feature performances from the SC Philharmonic Orchestra, Tonya Tyner and more.

FALL FESTIVAL AND PICKIN’ PARTY

South Carolina State Museum, 301 Gervais Street

Sat, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Free

This all-day festival hosted by the South Carolina State Museum aims to kick off the fall season for everyone in town. Live music, art exhibits, award-winning barbeque and a fierce cornhole tournament will take downtown Saturday. Everything at the festival, including admission and activities, is free, aside from the food and beer.

CAROLINA CLASSIC

Volleyball Competition Center

Sat, 3 p.m., Free with CarolinaCard

The Gamecocks will wrap up their Carolina Classic schedule Saturday afternoon with a match against the in-state rival Citadel Bulldogs.  The contest is South Carolina’s last before the start of SEC season the following weekend.

SUNDAY

CIVIL RIGHTS SUNDAYS

The Nickelodeon Theatre, 1607 Main Street

Sun, 2 p.m., $1

Civil Rights Sundays is a new series the Nickelodeon theatre started to celebrate the 50-year anniversary Columbia’s partnership with the African-American Civil Rights Movement. This Sunday the Nickelodeon will screen “The New Black,” a documentary reflecting on the gay and African-American communities uniting to fight for civil rights.

A DAY OF PEACE

Conundrum Music Hall, 626 Meeting Street

Sun, 5 p.m., Donation of $3 or more

In honor of the annual International Day of Peace, Conundrum Music Hall will host an event with music, songs, poetry and prayer. Proceeds will go to non-profit organization Pathways to Peace.

DOLLAR SUNDAY AT HISTORIC COLUMBIA

Robert Mills House, 1616 Blanding Street

Sun, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., $1 for Richland and Lexington County Residents

Historic Columbia offers guided tours of different historical house museums each Sunday afternoon. Walk-ins are welcome, and tours begin at the Robert Mills house gift shop.