Crime Blotter: Sept. 2 to Sept. 8

Briefs dont include every incident from the last week and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

— Police responded to a call from LeConte college at 10:54 p.m. on Sept. 4 about a theft of a number of erasers from mathematics classrooms. A faculty member said between Aug. 18 and 19, several faculty members reported thefts of erasers from classrooms that contained chalkboards. The faculty member reported that roughly 20 erasers — roughly $42.11 — were taken. The faculty member told the officer that new erasers had been ordered and gave the Staples invoice to the USCPD investigations division.

— Two police officers responded to a fire alarm at a fraternity house at 3:49 a.m. on Sept. 5. The officers, who were updated en route that the alarm was caused by a fire extinguisher discharge, arrived to find an activated smoke alarm and a hazy corridor. Police interviewed the student who discharged the fire extinguisher and followed him to his room so that he show them his ID. An officer observed multiple beer cans and a glass pipe with marijuana residue in plain view on the student’s floor and the student admitted to having consumed alcohol earlier in the evening. The student was taken into custody for Minor in Possession of Beer.

— An officer driving north on Laurens Street stopped a car for disregarding a traffic control device after running a red light just before midnight on Sept. 4. The officer approached the car, smelled alcohol and told the driver to remain in her vehicle while he retrieved his microphone. The woman left the vehicle, said the officer told her to do so and was then told to stand behind her car. The driver failed a field sobriety test, refused to provide a breath sample and was taken to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.