In Brief: Oct. 7, 2014

Fireman turns self in for sexual conduct with minor

A Columbia fireman was arrested on charges of criminal sexual conduct with a minor, according to The State.

Columbia Police Chief Skip Holbrook said in a statement that 53-year-old Brian A. Bruno was charged with third degree criminal sexual conduct with a female minor after he turned himself in on Monday.

Bruno is alleged to have inappropriately touched a girl at a Columbia home on more than one occasion between the months of June and September 2014. Bruno is a Captain with the Columbia Fire Department and has been placed under investigatory suspension pending the outcome of his charges, according to a statement from Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins.

Bruno was taken to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. 

Man charged with attempted murder by motor home

Harold Threlkeld Jr., 46, attempted to kill his wife by ramming her car with a motor home he had borrowed, The State reported.

After the couple fought Friday night, Threlkeld’s wife left their home with a friend in order to call the police from a nearby store.

According to authorities, the man, who is from Anderson, South Carolina, borrowed a motor home to drive to the store. He rammed his wife’s car until it was pushed through a fence, but neither Threlkeld  nor the woman were seriously injured.

Threlkeld was arrested several hours later, and he is currently in jail under a bond of $100,000. He has been charged with attempted murder.

Man assaults ex-girlfriend, eats live fish

A female of North Myrtle Beach was tied up and assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, while he took fish from her fish tank and ate them raw, WIS reported.

Charles Clay Jackson, 44, the victim’s ex-boyfriend, came to her house unannounced on Friday in the hopes of helping to celebrate her birthday.

The victim asked him to leave, but Jackson grabbed her by her throat. According to the police report, she was forced onto the bed. Jackson put his black leather belt around her neck and strangled her until she passed out.

After tying the victim’s hands behind her back and around her neck, he began to strike her and threaten her with a knife.

An hour later, he apologized. He began to eat live fish from her fish tank, after apologizing for what he had done and poking her in the eyes with the knife.

The victim has a broken blood vessel rupture to the interior portion of one eye, as well as swelling, bruising and redness.

Jackson has been charged with attempted murder and kidnapping, according to booking records.