Last minute Halloween costumes

It’s Halloween and you don’t have a costume. I don’t blame you — Mom isn’t here to put together the perfect Harry Potter costume and you’re busy with procrastination and sleep. Still, no one wants to be that guy without a costume, so you’re going to have to throw something together for this Friday night All Hallow’s Eve. Here are some last-minute solutions to your problem:

1.     Bedsheet ghost

Sometimes, you just have to Charlie Brown it. This classic costume is easy as can be — just take a white sheet, cut two eyeholes into it, and enjoy your freebie costume. It works on so many levels! Some will compliment you on your “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” reference, while others will think your low-effort costume is hilariously ironic. Either way, you win.

2.     Tom Cruise from “Risky Business”

“Risky Business” isn’t a movie everyone has seen, but that time Tom Cruise danced in his underwear will stay with us forever. The 1983 romantic comedy’s most iconic scene has Tom Cruise sporting nothing but a preppy dress shirt, white socks and underwear as he dances and slides to “Old Time Rock and Roll.” It’s the easiest way to be Tom Cruise for a day that doesn’t involve flying fighter planes or taking care of autistic Dustin Hoffman. For maximum '80s Cruise, put on a pair of Ray Ban (or knockoff) sunglasses and strum your air guitar to your heart’s content.

3.     An awful pun 

Glue nickels to the back of your shirt and go as the best band of all time, Nickelback, or glue Smarties to your pants and go as a “smartypants.” These will, at best, elicit a slight chuckle, but it’s not like you care.