Calendar: Nov. 14-16

FRIDAY

TIM NORTHERN

Red Door Tavern, 134 1/2 State St.

Fri, 8.p.m., Free

Tim Northern is a comedian currently touring the U.S. stand up circuit. Tending toward cerebral comedy, Northern tends to "provide you with two-thirds of the joke, and you provide the other third. It's like do-it-yourself comedy." He's appeared on Star Search, and at the Montreal Just For Laughs Comedy Festival.

SOUTHERN EXPOSURE: KARTIK SESHADRI

USC School of Music Recital Hall, Room 203

Fri, 7:30 p.m., Free

The Southern Exposure series is a program from the USC School of Music devoted to sharing the various landscape of contemporary masterworks from the past 30 years. Kartik Seshadri is a legendary sitar player who has participated in Southern Exposure once before, ten years ago. Come hear his triumphant return to the Columbia stage. 

OUR TOWN

Longstreet Theatre

Fri, 8 p.m., $12 (students), $16 (faculty/staff, military, seniors)

This weekend, you could go see Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer Prize-winning play about the American dream.  The show was hailed by the New York Times as a celebration of "both the marvel of everyday existence and the 'something way down deep that's eternal about every human being.'" This production will run from Nov. 14 through Nov. 22.

SATURDAY

FALL BRAWL WITH COLUMBIA ROLLER DERBY

Solomon Center at Fort Jackson, 6510 Strom Thurmond Blvd.

Sat, Bout 1 doors: 11 a.m., whistle: 11:30 a.m., Bout 2 doors: 4 p.m., whistle: 4:30 p.m., Free

Support the Columbia QuadSquad in their final bouts of the season. In the morning, the Fort Meyers Derby Girls will face off against the Carolina Rollergirls, then it's Skater Tots vs. Minor Violations. In the evening, Columbia's Miss B-havers will go head to head with the Carolina Rollergirls B-team. Stick around for the Allstar match at 4:30 p.m.

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL SEASON OPENER

Colonial Life Arena

Sat, 7 p.m., Free with CarolinaCard

Beginning the season as the No. 2 team in the nation and the reigning SEC champions, the South Carolina women's basketball team will open up its 2014/15 campaign Saturday against Southern California.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE TOUR

Township Auditorium, 1703 Taylor St.

Sat, 8 p.m., $39.50 to $65.50

Finalists from the last season of FOX's award-winning show "So You Think You Can Dance" are dancing their way across the nation for this year's tour. Township Auditorium will be hosting the event,  will include with select routines from Season 11 and pieces composed specifically for this season's nationwide tour.

SUNDAY

CINÉCOLA FILM FESTIVAL

Columbia Museum of Art, 1515 Main St.

Sun, 2 p.m., Free

CinéCola is the city's own French and Francophone film festival, started to promote culture diversity in the community. With the help of the USC and Columbia College French departments, a screening of "Ernest et Célestine" will take place at the Columbia Museum of Art and is free to the public.

SPORK IN HAND PUPPET SLAM / BEND

Tapp's Art Center, 1644 Main St.

Sat and Sun, 7 p.m., $10 / $12 at door

After their appearance at Columbia's Indie Grits Fim Festival in April, Spork In Hand is back and is partnering up with Columbia artist Kimi Maeda, performing a trilogy of performances, "Bend." With house music performed by We Roll Like Madmen, Tapp's will host this double bill in their "Skyline" Room.

THE FOXERY / MARTIN + POSTRONICS / DYEL

New Brookland Tavern, 122 State St.

Sun, 8 p.m., $5 / under 21 $8

This weekend the New Brookland Tavern is going indie — The Foxery is coming to Columbia from Louisville, Kentucky. Columbia-based groups Martin + Postronics and DYEL will also take the stage on Sunday.