Calender Nov 7-9

FRIDAY

ARTS & DRAUGHTS

Columbia Museum of Art, 1515 Main St.

Fri, 7-11 p.m., Members: $5 / Nonmembers: $8

Art and alcohol go together like Vincent Van Gogh and absinthe. Arts & Draughts has everything you could want in an evening, from beer courtesy of The Whig to musical performances and scavenger hunts.

TREES ON MARS ALBUM RELEASE PARTY

New Brookland Tavern, 122 State St.

Fri, 7:30 p.m., $5 / $8 under 21

Instrumental prog rock band Trees on Mars will celebrate the release of debut album “The Sapling” with a varied show, featuring alt-rock band CUSSES, the post-rock Pan and indie rock Press.

SATURDAY

THRIFTED SISTERS PARTY

Conundrum Music Hall, 626 Meeting St.

Sat, Noon-4 p.m., Free

Vintage retailer Thrifted Sisters tries to combine high quality goods and cheap prices, a fine proposition for any shopper. They're holding a pop-up show at Conundrum this weekend, so get ready to buy a new flannel shirt.

GRÜZER’S “PATH OF BUZZARDS” EP RELEASE

Art Bar, 1211 Park St.

Sat, 9 p.m., $5

Metal band Grüzer will be joined by Fall of an Empire, Space Coke, Black Hand Throne and Operation Transformation for the release of their new EP. Head down to Art Bar and enjoy local music and local drinks at the same time.

SUNDAY

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: VAREKAI

Colonial Life Arena, 801 Lincoln St.

Sun, 1:30 and 5 p.m., prices from $29.50 to $122

The artistically ambitious performance group Cirque du Soleil are in Columbia, and they’re presenting their take on the Icarus myth Friday through Sunday. Marvel at the acrobatics and acting on display and absorb the elaborate art direction.

BIRDMAN

The Nickelodeon, 1607 Main St.

Sun, 5:30 and 8:30 p.m., $8

Michael Keaton has quietly been a huge talent for decades, and with Alejandro González Iñárritu’s new film about a former superhero actor making one last try at legitimacy and fame, he may have finally found the perfect vehicle for himself.