CANCELED: Old TV shows that are still worth a watch

Sometimes TV shows can last 10 years, season after season, but what about those that are canceled after just a few short years? There are a number of shows that were just gone too soon, leaving us curious about how the plot would have developed. 

While some of these shows are getting a reboot, it’s just as comforting to know that online video streaming sites like Netflix or Hulu yearn for those cult-classic TV shows as we do. Here are some TV shows that were canceled too soon. 

"Freaks and Geeks:" Chances are if you were a self-proclaimed angsty teen, you might’ve seen this show. Regardless, this show abruptly halts at two seasons so you can easily (and should definitely) catch up. Following the lives of high schoolers in different social statuses, "Freaks and Geeks" is humorous and every character is lovable in some way, especially Bill Haverchuck.  

It also features many breakout stars like James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel. My only wish is to see how it would have panned out, as it ends abruptly due to bad ratings at the time. Little did they know it would become a cult-classic. 

Where to watch: The first season is available on Netflix. 

"Twin Peaks:" Who killed Laura Palmer? This crime-drama follows the pursuits of Special Agent Dale Cooper as he unweaves the mystery of many characters in the sleepy, fictional town of Twin Peaks. This show is not what you’d expect, and the end of the second and final season will leave you craving more. Fortunately, "Twin Peaks" is receiving a reboot and will probably have more seasons — but you should still see the original. Besides, if you’re looking to binge watch TV shows, "Twin Peaks" will keep you occupied — each season opener/closer is about 90 minutes. 

Where to watch: You've lucked out! Both seasons of this show are available on Netflix.

"Firefly:" We’re all familiar with Joss Whedon’s most popular works —  "The Avengers" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" — but what about his one-hit wonder "Firefly"? With only one season, Whedon’s "Firefly" makes you think about the moral and ethical nature of humans. Set in the future on a starship, "Firefly" follows the lives of the nine crew members who populate the ship. "Firefly" is a constant on many “TV shows canceled too soon” lists and with such a robust concept, it earned its spot on this list. 

Where to watch: A few episodes are available for free, but you’ll have to upgrade to Hulu Plus to get the rest of the show. 

So before finals week rolls around, use some of that relaxation time and watch any of these shows.