Crime Blotter: April 3 — April 10

The blotter comes from police reports released by the USC Division of Law Enforcement and Safety and doesn’t include crimes reported by city or county law enforcement. Crime Blotters don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

— On Friday, April 3, at 3:29 a.m. USCPD officer was approached by a man who reported two male subjects carrying a construction sign at the intersection of Whaley and Wayne streets. One of the officers observed two males carrying a construction sign toward Granby Mills Apartments. The officer then approached the two subjects. The subjects dropped the sign and scratched a red Pathfinder. The subjects then admitted to the officer that they had been drinking. The subjects were issued citations for Minor in Possession of Beer.

— On Monday, April 6, at 10:30 p.m. an officer was patrolling the Bull Street parking garage when he observed a car sitting in a parking spot, running and occupied by two subjects. Due to the time, the officer approached the car and observed one of the subjects to have fresh tobacco on his pants and a broken cigar in hand. The officer stated that he could smell marijuana. The officer then asked one of the subjects to exit the vehicle. At that time, the subject grabbed the cigar and rolling paper and tried to throw it under the car. The subject was then detained, and, after a search of the car, officers found marijuana. The subject was cited for Simple Possession of Marijuana and then released.

— On Tuesday, April 7, at 2:20 a.m. an officer was dispatched to South Tower in reference to a subject trying to make entry into a room. The officer made contact with the subject who appeared disorientated and was shirtless. The subject stated that he was trying to get to Cliff Apartments where he lived. The subject was unaware of how he got to South Tower and last remembered being at Pavlov’s. First responders were called and the subject was transported to Palmetto Baptist Hospital. He was issued a citation for Minor in Possession of Beer.