Crime Blotter October 25-October 31

Shortly after 9 p.m on Thursday, a police officer pursued a 34-year-old African American man on a moped for speeding and driving without regard for pedestrians or other traffic. After following him around a corner, the officer found that the moped had stalled. The driver informed the officer that he did not have an ID, and the officer confirmed that he was wanted for probation violation. During the following search, the officer found three small plastic bags containing what the driver confirmed to be cocaine and marijuana.

Early in the morning Sunday, officers responded to a vehicle accident on West Beltline Boulevard. There were three people in the car at the time of the collision, two of whom were out of the car when officers arrived. They told officers the driver had fled the scene, but he was found in the floorboard of the car. Officers described him as unsteady and smelling of alcohol. The driver was taken to the hospital and put under arrest for driving under the influence.

On Tuesday at 9 a.m., officers responded to a call from the McDonald's on Garners Ferry Road reporting a disturbance. When officers arrived, the employees said the suspect, a 38-year-old Caucasian male, left the store and headed toward Devine Street. He was located and approached at the previous Title Max building, which has been condemned due to flood damage. The suspect was unsteady and slurring his words, and he became agitated when officers approached him. He was arrested and taken to a detention center.