Briefs: 1/14/16

“We need to be honest with each other and with ourselves. While Democrats in Washington bear much responsibility for the problems facing America today, they do not bear it alone. There is more than enough blame to go around.”

— SC Gov. Nikki Haley, in her response to Tuesday night’s State of the Union address, addressed the recent lack of bipartisanship in government.

“When politicians insult Muslims, when a mosque is vandalized, or a kid bullied, that doesn't make us safer. That's not telling it like it is. It's just wrong.”

— President Obama, in his final State of the Union address, made a point to condemn anti-Muslim attitudes.

"People have just got to be who they are — it's that simple. We've never tried to force anything on anybody. Everybody who comes here to Clemson knows who we are as people. There's no surprises in that regard."

— Clemson Football Coach Dabo Swinney’s reaction after the Freedom From Religion Foundation announced their plans to sue Clemson University over the inclusion of Christianity in the school's athletic program.

“The NFL ignored the facts, the loyalty of St. Louis fans, who supported the team through far more downs than ups, and the NFL ignored a strong market and viable plan for a new stadium.”

— St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay responds as NFL owners make decision to relocate the Rams to Los Angeles.