Crime Blotter: 2/21/16-2/27/16

Thursday around 8 p.m., officers responded to a call from the Food Lion on Broad River Road in Columbia. The victim told the officer on the scene that the suspect, 27-year-old Tere Peterson, had threatened her because of a dispute over WIC coupons. The victim told Peterson that the WIC program does not cover some of the items she was attempting to buy, and then Peterson threatened to slap and kick the victim, according to the police report. The store manager asked Peterson to leave, which she did somewhat reluctantly.

Friday around midnight, an officer responded to a call on Kingsgate Drive reporting a loud, intoxicated woman lying near the road. The suspect, 24-year-old Rachel Morris, had gotten up and was stumbling along the fence of nearby residences, and a man who was with her was trying to help her and get her to stop yelling. When the officer asked why she was yelling, Morris replied that nothing was wrong and told the man with her not to say anything also. The officer put her under arrest for public disorderly conduct and called in other officers when she resisted arrest by pulling her arms away from him and trying to get away.

Friday at 10:30 a.m., an officer went to a residence on Walnut Street to discuss an ongoing dispute concerning a pair of dogs at the suspect, 20-year-old Dontrelle Corley's, house. Earlier in the week, one of the dogs had been hit by a car and taken by Animal Control for treatment. Officers learned from Animal Control that Corley had been cited earlier in February for having two unlicensed dogs. After being hit, the dog was transported to a hospital. When officers questioned him, Corley showed no distress for the well-being of the dogs and had still not registered them with Animal Control.