Final Five After Five event scheduled for this evening

The Five Points Association will be holding its final Five After Five concert this evening. This free monthly concert series features live music, craft beers, food vendors and local artisans. The event also includes activities for children such as face painting and cornhole. The final event in the seven-month series will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. outdoors at the Five Points Fountain. 

Food vendors such as The Belgian Waffle Truck and Yesterday’s Restaurant & Tavern will be at the event. 

Arts and crafts vendors will include Columbia College Alumni, Emerald’s Artistry Face Painting and Sebastian Harper. There will also be vendors that specifically sell products for dogs, such as Sup Dog Co. and Truesdale Barkery. 

This year marked 18 seasons of the Five After Five series. Previous concerts this season have included bands such as Stop Light Observations, The High Divers and Susto.

This month, the lineup includes Villa*Nova and special guest Nick Clyburn Band.  Villa*Nova is an alternative-rock band that originated in Columbia. They recently released an independent album titled “Thread of Life,” the band’s first full-length album since 2010. Their sound has punk-pop elements that vaguely resemble early 2000s bands Say Anything and Taking Back Sunday. 

Hailing from Lexington, Nick Clyburn Band offers a distinctly different sound. Self-characterized as “country rock” and “Southern soul,” the band has strong influences of folk and pop. They are comparable to bands such as Hootie & the Blowfish and Florida Georgia Line.

Amy Beth Franks, executive director of the Five Points Association, encourages locals to attend Five After Five.

“As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages,” Franks said in a press release.