Richland County Sheriff's Department report details Southern Drive kidnapping of former USC student

Student was able to escape kidnappers by jumping from moving vehicle, report says

default news
default news

New details have emerged in the case of a Midlands Tech and former USC student who was abducted from outside her apartment Wednesday, according to a report obtained from Richland County Sheriff's Department.

Early Wednesday morning, Jordan Dinsmore took to a friend's Facebook account to announce that she had been abducted at gunpoint outside her apartment at an off-campus housing complex. A report released by Richland County Sheriff's Department Thursday morning corroborated Dinsmore's account of the incident.

According to the report, Dinsmore arrived at her apartment in The Village at Columbia on Southern Drive early Wednesday morning after work. After parking and leaving her vehicle, the reports says, "3 black males in their teens" confronted her and placed a gun to her head. After surrendering her phone and PIN number, her assailants forced her to drive to the Shell gas station at South Beltline Drive and Bluff Road, about half a mile away.

The report says Dinsmore was forced to drive as her vehicle uses a manual transmission and none of the suspects could drive a stick shift vehicle.

After arriving at the gas station, Dinsmore withdrew $300 from an on-site ATM and gave it to the suspects. She was then forced to drive back to Bluff Road and was told by one suspect that she would be taken to a house where she would be forced to have sex.

Shortly after, Dinsmore was told to turn right on Blair Road. She missed the turn on purpose, leapt from the vehicle and fled. A passing motorist noticed her and drove her to Love's gas station on Bluff Road, just short of the exit for Interstate 77. There, Dinsmore was given a ride back to her apartment by authorities and met with an investigator.

Dinsmore's vehicle was found empty soon after near Blair Road. Richland County Sheriff's Department K-9 teams arrived on scene, but were unable to locate any of the suspects.

This is a developing story. We will continue to update as information becomes available.

*This is an updated story. A previous version of this story referred to Dinsmore as a current USC student.