Update: USCPD continues investigation into stolen copies of The Daily Gamecock

USCPD is continuing to investigate after approximately 500 copies of the Feb. 25 print edition of The Daily Gamecock were stolen from newsstands on campus.

Security camera footage from the afternoon of Feb. 25 shows two males taking papers from stands in the stairwell of Russell House at the Greene Street entrance and the first and second floors of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications. Neither person in the footage has been identified.

In addition, papers were taken from stands in McMaster College, Honors Residence Hall and Thomas Cooper Library. The students who took the papers from the library were photographed carrying stacks of the paper out of the library. 

Every reader is allowed one free copy of The Daily Gamecock, however, additional copies must be purchased for $1 each from the Student Media offices. This information is printed on the second page of the paper below the list of staff members.

Updated March 2, 2019: The Daily Gamecock has received pictures taken from camera footage in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications that show two males taking papers off newsstands and entering a classroom in the building.

Anyone with information about the individuals in these pictures is asked to contact USCPD at 803-777-4215.

This is a developing story. Last updated March 19, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.