Four artists to bring 'life' to Colonial Life Arena this spring

Everybody needs something to look forward to when they need a break from papers, presentations and exams. Colonial Life Arena, home to Gamecock men's and women's basketball, also hosts notable concerts with one-of-a-kind experiences next door to campus.

The first artist coming to the arena in the spring semester is country musician Jason Aldean on his We Back Tour. Aldean will kick off his tour Jan. 30 in Columbia following the release of his appropriately titled ninth studio album, "9." Since his 2005 debut, Aldean has found stardom with six certified platinum albums, the most successful being multi-platinum albums "My Kinda Party" and "Night Train." 

While a setlist has yet to be announced, fans should expect to hear plenty of songs from "9" and hits such as "Dirt Road Anthem" and "You Make It Easy." The tour will see Morgan Wallen, Riley Green and Dee Jay Silver supporting Aldean. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m., with doors opening an hour before.

The next artist coming to Colonial Life is hard rock band KISS, who gained popularity in the late '70s and '80s. KISS is known for being one of the wildest hair bands from the '80s with performances featuring fire breathing, blood spitting, fireworks and pyrotechnics. The band features members Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer wearing black and white face paint to depict each band member as a different persona, platform boots and often black outfits with spikes and horns. 

KISS' End of the Road World Tour will be the group's final tour. Thus far, KISS has performed its hit songs including “Detroit Rock City,” “War Machine,” “Beth” and “God of Thunder.” The Feb. 11 concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30 p.m.

Next up on the artist roster is rapper Post Malone, who is scheduled to be in Columbia Feb. 29. An extension of his Runaway Tour, the Grammy-nominated artist will be supported by acts Swae Lee and Tyla Yaweh. The 24-year-old artist is known for his style of music which often blends different genres like hip-hop, pop, rap, rock and trap. The setlist for the concert is expected to include hits like “Sunflower,” “Rockstar,” “Better Now” and “Congratulations," along with other Post Malone hits. Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show will begin at 8 p.m.

A fourth artist stopping at Colonial Life this spring is Elton John, who is returning for the second leg of his North American tour. The “Rocket Man” singer will be coming May 22 as a part of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour. John is one of the best-selling music artists and gained popularity in the '70s and '80s for his showmanship and piano-playing abilities. 

While John may not be in his "golden years" of touring and performing, the artist is still entirely capable of entertaining all types of audiences with multiple screens projecting films and music videos to go along with the songs, and a piano that moves John around the stage. The show will begin at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7 p.m.

Tickets for all Colonial Life Arena shows are available through Ticketmaster.