When you're looking for a nutritious yet simple breakfast, you can never go wrong with avocado toast. It's easy to make, healthy and delicious. This trending snack has been seen at many restaurants, coffee shops and social media accounts.
A fun twist to avocado toast that we took a swing at this week is caprese avocado toast. Adding some Italian flair to this dish could offer the perfect flavor if you favor caprese salads, appetizers or are ready to try something new. All you need are a few simple ingredients.
- 1 avocado
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Lemon and/or lime juice
- Grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Pepper, to taste
- Seasoning of choice
- Optional: Mozzarella cheese
- Optional: Egg
1. Cut the avocado in half and put it into a bowl.
2. Drizzle olive oil into the bowl with the avocado. Using a fork, mix the avocado and olive oil together to soften the avocado.
3. Add in your desired amount of salt and garlic salt and continue to mix it in with the avocado.
4. Squeeze a tiny bit of lemon and/or lime juice and continue to mix.
5. Take your avocado mixture and evenly spread it onto your choice of bread.
5. Slice as many grape tomatoes as needed to cover the bread, usually about three. Place them on top of the avocado spread. Do the same with the mozzarella cheese, if you please.
6. Add the basil scattered onto the bread and drizzle your olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, salt and pepper on top.
7. If you're feeling up to it, you can add an egg of your choice, either on the toast or on a separate piece.
8. Your caprese avocado toast is now ready to be eaten. Bon appetite!