COVID-19 on campus: USC reports 37 total active cases

USC reported 37 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus Tuesday in it's updated online dashboard. 

Of the cases, 32 are students and five are employees. This new count is a reduction compared to last week's count of 87 cases. 

As of Aug. 1 there have been 1,420 cases of COVID-19 on campus.

Between Sept. 26 and Oct. 2, 7,477 tests were performed with 6,216 being students and the remaining 1,261 being employees. Students had a positive rate of 0.6% and employees had a rate of 0.3%

From today to Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., students and employees can get tested at the Russell House basement and the entrance of the Strom Thurmond Fitness and Wellness Center. Employee only testing will be available from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1311 Pendleton street until Oct. 6.

From Oct. 7 to Oct. 8, 1311 Pendleton street will be open to students and employees for testing from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Details about required COVID testing can be found here. Students will receive an email indicating whether it is their week to be tested. 

66.8% of the campus community is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. 66.3% or higher are students. 76% or higher and 64.6% or higher of faculty and staff respectively are fully vaccinated.

Students, faculty and staff can get a walk-in vaccine appointment at University Health Services between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Appointments can be made ahead of time through MyHealthSpace. More information on the vaccine can be found here.  

The alert level of campus is at the "New Normal" level of .30. The alert level is calculated considering factors such as campus testing, contact tracing, isolation and quarantine, campus health care capacity and others.

The dashboard is updated every Tuesday.