Minute by minute: Thursday's on-campus murder-suicide

12:56 p.m. — Initial call made to USCPD reporting gunshots in Arnold School of Public Health.

1:15 p.m. — Carolina Alert: “SHOTS FIRED AT NEW SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH. Seek safe shelter. Obey officials.”

1:26 p.m. — Students report classroom locked down around campus.

1:29 p.m. — Carolina Alert: “SHOOTING AT NEW SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH. Remain indoors. Obey officials.”

1:39 p.m. — Police order students inside the School of Music building and begin blocking off streets. Police grab students off of sidewalks to get them inside. 

1:51 p.m. — Park, College and Assembly streets blocked off.

2:15 p.m. — Carolina Alert: “There is no longer an existing threat on campus. New School of Public Health and streets remained closed. Please avoid area.” 

2:28 p.m. — SLED spokesman Thom Berry says the shooting appears to have been an isolated murder-suicide and says there was never an active shooter situation. Berry confirms two people involved, and they are both deceased. Says it was a “very isolated situation" that occurred “inside a room inside the building."

2:43 p.m. — All classes in the Public Health Research Center and Discovery Building are cancelled for the day. All other classes continue as normal for the day, streets remain closed. 

3:57 p.m. — School of Public Health Dean Tom Chandler: "I am ... extremely thankful that the incident was isolated and did not lead to more injuries given that a firearm was involved."

5 p.m. — Berry tells media that bodies are still in the building, which will be closed for an indeterminate amount of time. and will be removed when investigation is finished but has no other information regarding the individuals.

6:26 p.m. — USC President Harris Pastides: "Indeed this is a tragic day in our history."

7 p.m. — USC counselors hold session for grieving students in the Rutledge Chapel.

11 p.m. — Students hold candlelight vigil at Thomas Cooper Library.