These are best, worst movies of the summer

Best Movies of the Summer

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

People of all age groups stormed the theatres to watch the headlining cast of superheroes save the day. The Avenger movies are always wildly entertaining and live up to Marvel’s high reputation.

Jurassic World

Jurassic World took us back to a childhood filled with imagination and dinosaurs. With a new theme park that is ten times larger than the original, introduced us to a new, dangerous dinosaur hybrid.

Trainwreck

Trainwreck tells the story of a hilarious magazine writer, Amy (Amy Schumer), who has been taught since childhood that monogamy isn’t realistic. She continues to live by that moral, avoiding what she believes to be the restriction of a boring, committed life. Eventually, she meets the “perfect man” who makes her question all of her previous values.

Dope

Dope tells the story of three high school seniors growing up in a poor area of Inglewood, Los Angeles. Their whole lives change overnight when they decide to attend a local gangster’s birthday party and get sucked into a world of drugs, guns and thugs.

Minions

The minions exist to serve the most evil villains all throughout history from the T. Rex to Napoleon.  However, they are terrible at their jobs and always serve under the unsuccessful masters. After a long time without a master and a long period of depression, one minion, Kevin, has the idea to set north and find a new master. Through a cute and hilarious adventure, Kevin and his two friends, Bob and Stuart, find a master, the world's first super villainess.

Worst Movies of the Summer

Tomorrowland

The ratings on this movie weren’t as high as the hype for it was. A troubled, yet gifted teen and a scientist go on a journey to discover the secrets of a place that doesn’t technically exist anymore, despite its existence in their memories. The film lacked suspense but did have a lot of good imaging.

Terminator Genisys

This movie series is so tired. When John Connor sends Kyle Reese into the past to protect his mother from a terminator assassin, there is a change of events and the timeline is altered. This movie is basically a compilation of “what ifs” and fan fiction from over the years. The only reason this movie made it into theatres is because of the legend Terminator has already built.

Hot Pursuit

A policewoman is assigned a case to escort a beautiful woman across the country to testify against her husband who is a drug lord. Her husband is later attacked and killed which leaves them both having to escape gunman and crooked cops. The cast is beautiful and that may be the only positive thing about this movie.

Aloha

A military contractor reconnects with an old girlfriend who is now married. He also kindles a flame with a fighter pilot who watches his every move. This movie is as boring as it sounds. The plot is completely uneventful and is focused around a love story that no longer exists.

Ted 2

Ted 2 should have ended at Ted 1. Life is completely different for John and his teddy bear friend Ted. John is now a bachelor and Ted is married and deciding to adopt a child. The law won't let Ted adopt because he is property, not a person. This makes absolutely no sense and the ratings for the movie prove this movie was a complete bust.