Crime Blotter: 1/31/16 - 2/6/16

Feb. 2 around 12:45 p.m., police responded to a shoplifting at Family Dollar on Farrow Road. The suspect, 29-year-old James Lagroon, had concealed a tube of shaving cream in his back pocket and triggered the store security system when he tried to leave without paying. Lagroon asked the police if he could pay for the shaving cream even though he had less than $1 in change. Police found another person's credit card on Lagroon's person, and he was taken into custody.

On the morning of Feb 2, officers responded to a residence on Superior Street, where they arrived to find the suspect, 30-year-old Amanda Phelps, arguing with her ex-boyfriend. She told police that he assaulted her the night before, but they did not see any marks on her. She said that she just wanted to wait for her ride back to Ohio, but her ex-boyfriend said that she could not use his suitcase. As she unpacked, the ex-boyfriend saw several personal items that belonged to his roommate. The roommate decided to have Phelps charged with larceny because he had not given her permission to take the items.

Feb. 3 around 8 a.m., police responded to a 43-year-old woman's report of her son assaulting her. She had been trying to get him ready for school when he became violent. He shoved her repeatedly before she could lock herself in the bathroom and call the police. She told the officers that her son was prescribed Adderall but had been refusing to take it. Police advised her that her son needed more in-depth psychological help, and they were both taken to Palmetto Baptist Hospital.