Gameday 411: Clemson vs. South Carolina

WHERE:

WHEN: Kickoff is scheduled for 7:45 p.m.

THE LINE: South Carolina by 2.5

TICKETS: The game is sold out.

TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPN. Brad Nessler will be the play-by-play man. Todd Blackledge is the color analyst. Holly Rowe will serve as the sideline reporter. A replay will be broadcast Sunday night on SportsSouth at 8 p.m. Andy Demetra will be the play-by-play man on the replay. Brad Muller is the color analyst.

RADIO: Locally, the game will be broadcast on 107.5 FM. Todd Ellis will handle play-by-play duties. Tommy Suggs is the color analyst. Terry Cousin is the sideline reporter.

WEATHER: The forecast for the Columbia area on Saturday calls for cloudy conditions with a 20-percent chance of precipitation. The high temperature will be 68 degrees. The low will be 57 degrees.

PROHIBITED ITEMS: The following items are now banned from the Williams-Brice Stadium: oversized bags and purses that exceed a 17-inch long, 12-inch wide, 10-inch tall frame with the exception of diaper bags; video cameras, tripods and detachable camera lenses more than 6 inches; personal seatbacks with armrests; and unauthorized masks of any kind. Backpacks will be allowed into the stadium. However, alcohol remains prohibited in the stands. Fans with alcohol are at risk of ejection and possible arrest.

NEW IN 2011: The Athletics Department announced several new features to gameday for this season. The notable ones: There will be a new Under Armour merchandise location inside Gate 2. The Hall of Captains (West Ground Level) will reopen two hours prior to kickoff and remain open until kickoff. Gates 4, 14, 16, 22 and 25 are early gates and will open two hours prior to kickoff. All other gates will open with 90 minutes before the start of the game. A fan help text system has been established. To utilize it, text USC, a space and then an issue and location to 69050.

STUDENTS ENCOURAGED: USC students who enter the stadium an hour or more prior to kickoff with a student ticket will receive an extra loyalty point. Students with lower-level tickets (sections 23–34) will receive wristbands at the entrance and should enter through gates 23, 25 and 26. The 2,100 student with seats in the upper east stands must enter through Gate 18 and will not be permitted to enter the lower level.

SERIES: Clemson leads 65-39-4.

LAST MEETING: South Carolina 29-7 at Clemson in 2010