Online shopping spots showcase new styles

Websites conveniently lend fashion-forward life to wardrobes

Looking for a way to finish spending that holiday gift money and revamp your wardrobe at the same time? Check out these eclectic online retailers to add variety your closet.

Fred Flare (fredflare.com)

Fred Flare is a hot spot for unique gifts, fun clothing and accessories. The site sells items ranging in price and taste, from knee socks inspired by Vincent Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” ($12.50) to spiked Jeffrey Campbell platform boots ($188). The site sells apparel for men and for women. Novelty accessories are Fred Flare’s forte, from cupcake-shaped shower caps to lock and key barrette sets. Fred Flare is also a perfect place to search for humorous and unusual kitchen and home accessories, stationery, books, cameras and electronics.

Out of Print Clothing (outofprintclothing.com)

Band and logo T-shirts are popular looks, but literature fanatics can now join in the fun with Out of Print Clothing’s book-themed shirts. Featuring book jacket designs from early editions of classics ranging from “The Great Gatsby” to “A Clockwork Orange,” it’s as easy to fill a closet as it is to fill a bookshelf. Out of Print Clothing donates one book to a community in need with each purchase. The company’s designs come in men’s, women’s and kids’ sizes. Out of Print also sells unique gifts, including coasters, journals, phone cases and tote bags, all emblazoned with literary images.

Threadless (threadless.com)

If witty graphic tees are your thing, Threadless is a great place to look. With an open design submission policy and new products introduced weekly, each trip to the Threadless website will likely cause you to add another shirt to your wish list. T-shirt prices range from $10 to $35, and the website hosts sales regularly. Threadless also has frequent design contests in collaboration with corporations or movie releases. A new line of Muppets-inspired shirts was released in November, and Threadless has teamed up with NASA, Sharpie, Lollapalooza and the Tribeca Film Festival in the past. In addition to T-shirts, Threadless sells hoodies, bags, notebooks, wall art and phone cases.

ModCloth (modcloth.com)

While its items are often a bit pricey, ModCloth’s selection of new and vintage dresses, skirts, blouses and sweaters are swoon-worthy. ModCloth’s collections are a mix of indie, retro, classic, dressy and casual, and the company has various silhouettes to flatter a variety of figures. Most designs resemble the type of clothes you want to find in a vintage or thrift store but never seem to be on the racks. ModCloth’s clearance items ring in around $20 and up, but quantities are limited and items go fast.

80stees.com

Want to pay tribute to “Sixteen Candles,” Billy Idol or My Little Pony? 80stees.com is a pop culture gold mine, selling apparel inspired by movies, music, cartoons, sports and sitcoms from two decades ago and today. If you’re nostalgic for Bon Jovi, “Top Gun” or “Saved by the Bell,” 80stees.com has a shirt for you. Non-’80s apparel is also sold on the site, including shirts inspired by “How I Met Your Mother,” “The Big Bang Theory,” “Anchorman” and “Harry Potter.” In addition to T-shirts, the website sells Halloween costumes year-round.