Coldplay records live in Paris

London rockers release album from 15-song set at Stade De France

The audience wildly roars as the drawn-out hum of strings leads into the piano. A slow clap grows faster and faster. Then, there’s Chris. Martin, that is.

His vocals are deep and haunting, as the crowd’s whistles break through their own soft singing. There’s a pause, a quick 1-2-3 from Martin, and then the band jumps in with the beginning of “Yellow,” one of Coldplay’s most-defining anthems.

Listen how they shine for you, live.

Coldplay has grown to an English indie rock powerhouse, shining bright under big stage lights for 16 years. The band’s music is emotional and charged, and hangs on lyrics that draw out front man Martin’s vocals in the best ways. And now, with the act’s second live album, “Coldplay — Live 2012,” you can take a seat at the Stade De France Sept. 2, 2012 for the London rockers’ charmed, bad-boy set.

The Parisian show turned full-length album captures the band a year into a tour for their fifth album, “Mylo Xyloto.” It was released in October 2011, and the live album’s set breathes new life into the year-old singles and thrills the show-goers, and those listening at home, with a few well-placed classics like “Yellow,” “Clocks” and “Fix You.”

Live vocals aren’t easy — they’re the true measure of any artist. And, an artist that can sing live can’t always translate that to a sold-out crowd. Martin can.

His personality pushes through song breaks, with the posh rock star throwing one-liners like, “It’s going to be a f**king good one, boys,” and “Make some f**king Parisian noise!” There’s a lot of that starred word through the album’s 15 tracks.

“Princess of China,” off 2011’s “Mylo Xyloto,” is recorded in its original version with Rihanna. The pop princess has only performed the song live with Coldplay three times, once at the Paralympic Games, once at the 2012 Grammys and once at the Paris show. Martin throws in a, “Merci beaucoup, Ri Ri.” It’s cute.

Coldplay’s banner ballad, “Fix You,” from 2005’s “X&Y,” is the group’s heart-wrecking slow jam. On the live album, it starts out disappointing. Martin stretches to hit his falsetto and lacks the emotion the song is known for. But, he recovers. As the song comes to a close, the audience sings through the chorus, and Martin overlays the final, “And I will try to fix you.” There are chills.

The album’s final performance is “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall,” from the fifth album. It makes the perfect package — a finishing number that rolls together the electric guitar and echoing choruses Coldplay has trademarked.

Martin exits the stage, and the album, with one short note: “Thank you for everything you’ve given us. Goodbye.”

It’s 15 tracks, all live, of Coldplay’s history. And, it’s just $6.99 on iTunes.