Lady Antoinette's French Bakery

Vista bakery boxes bonbons, petit fours beside Bella Vista Bridal

Nothing is quite as tempting as a pastry shop with warm coffee on a cold day.

Now, in the Vista, there is a new French pastry shop to satisfy that winter temptation and all your sweet cravings.

Lady Antoinette’s, which opened in October, offers everything from coffee to soup of the day to pieces of wedding cake, since it’s in the same building as Bella Vista Bridal.

Antoinette’s chocolates, cookies and sweets are made fresh and vary from day to day. Fans of the bakery on Facebook can see daily desserts and soups.

The macaroons and petit fours — the red velvet petit fours are a must — are almost too pretty to eat, with unique designs on each sweet.

Customers can order desserts for a party or get a couple to go, and can mix and match pastries for the perfect sweet treat take-home box.

Lady Antoinette’s also offers fresh ground French press coffee, the perfect match for the Irish cream bonbons.

The petit fours are always good, no matter what the flavor, as are the Marie wedding cookies. The bonbons are different flavors depending on when you visit and some are better than others.

The champagne bonbons are delicious, as are the white chocolate, jalapeno and Irish cream. The strawberry flavor never quite matches the others for taste.

The inside of Lady Antoinette’s is charming, with an old-fashioned candy scale and white display cases. The window displays are changed seasonally — they now sport Valentine’s Day cakes and decorations.

The bakery’s seating is limited and, other than sweets and pastries, there aren’t a lot of options for food. The soups and sandwiches on the menu, however, indicate the desire to branch out from pastries.

Lady Antoinette’s also has some adorable gift baskets, filled with home-style hot chocolate, plates and baking goods. They have dessert-themed stationary and notepads as well, which make a great birthday gift or party favor.

Lady Antoinette’s is a welcomed addition to the Vista, offering affordable and delicious delicacies in a friendly and charming atmosphere. Next time you’re walking around the Vista, stop in for a sweet treat and a little taste of France. Although it’s been open for a few months, the French bakery is still a hidden gem in the heart of downtown, with all the taste and treats to become a local mainstay.

The bakery is at 929 Gervais St. and is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.