BGLSA holds Porn and Pizza event

The Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Straight Alliance held a “Porn and Pizza” event Tuesday evening, in which pizza was provided and pornography was shown.

“If anyone is frightened by that title, the back door is still open,” BGLSA President Mason Branham said as the event began. “Let the puns begin.”

The meeting’s main objective was to inform the audience about sexual health in both gay and straight relationships.

The night started off with the famous “Mean Girls” clip in which Coach Carr tells students that “if you have sex, you will get pregnant, and you will die.”

Next up was a round of sexual health “Fact or Crap.” Afterwards, Branham said, “Raise your hand if you learned at least one new thing from this.” Almost every hand in the room was raised.

“Yes! We’re educational!” Branham said.

Branham and fellow BGLSA member Kaitlyn Jones, a third-year sociology student, then lead the room in an analysis of multiple “case studies,” which consisted of both heterosexual and homosexual pornography.

Prior to playing the pornography, Branham and Jones switched from a school computer using university Wi-Fi to a laptop using a hotspot.

“It’s a college campus, so there’s probably somebody in their dorm watching this on school Wi-Fi, so it’s not totally shut down,” Branham said. “But we wanted an extra safety measure for BGLSA.”