Crime Blotter for Sept. 26 to Oct. 4

— An officer was patrolling near Blossom Street early Sept. 27 when he saw a man walking down the street, apparently intoxicated. The man could not walk in a straight line and eventually fell onto the sidewalk. When the officer approached the man, he immediately smelled alcohol. The man repeatedly refused to provide his ID but eventually acquiesced, handing the officer a Maryland ID that said he was 23 years old. The man struggled to remember the birth date on the license, which also lacked a “microprint security feature.” The officer told the man he thought the ID was fake and asked him for a real ID. The man handed over a Virginia license that said he was 19. After admitting to drinking throughout the night and being cleared by paramedics, the man was arrested for possessing beer underage.

— An officer was patrolling near Sumter Street late Sept. 28 when he saw a man stumbling on the sidewalk near University Technology Services. A witness told the officer he had seen the man on his hands and knees, vomiting on the sidewalk. When the officer talked to the man, he asked how much the man had been drinking that night. Slurring his words, he replied, “Too much.” The man was cited for possessing alcohol underage and was transported to Palmetto Health Baptist.

— An officer was dispatched to the intersection of Wheat and Henderson streets early Friday morning because a man was seen lying in the middle of the road. The 18-year-old man’s clothes were disheveled, and he smelled of alcohol when the officer arrived. He told the officer he only remembered drinking beer. The man was cited for possessing alcohol underage.
—Amanda Coyne, News Editor

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.