'Two Fell in a Foxhole' to release EP

Indie folk band to play at The New Brookland Tavern

Two Fell in a Foxhole has created music since 2012. However, what the band lacks in experience, they make up for in sound. The fairly young band is based out of Columbia and have already preformed in a few local venues, and will be performing this weekend at The New Brookland Tavern.

Two Fell in a Foxhole describes themselves as an indie folk band. However, this narrative seems to leave out the vocal harmony between lead vocalist Matt Crumpton and rhythm guitarist Ben Morgan. The indie-acoustic band fittingly identified their influences as The Front Bottoms, Bright Eyes, and even the pop boy band *NSYNC.

One day at work, Crumpton and Morgan began discussing music and realized they both share a passion for writing songs. The two leading men shared experiences about preforming with different bands and decided to collaborate. Consequently, Crumpton and Morgan began writing songs together and initiated the early stages of Two Fell in a Foxhole.

“Matt Crumpton and I wrote songs individually for a long time while we were in different bands,” Morgan said.

Two Fell in a Foxhole will share The New Brookland Tavern stage February 9 with Senseless Beatings, Ampsterdam and Beyond Driven. Additionally, the band will also release their debut EP, “Stitches and Fiction” in April.