Decommit Arden Key chooses LSU

The start of the 2015-16 football season will be here before teams across the nation know it, and now decisions have been made to see where the nationally ranked players will go.

Arden Key, weak-side defensive end from Lithonia, Georgia has made the decision to attend and play for the LSU Tigers.

From Hapeville Charter High School this 6-foot-5-inch 18-year-old will be making his debut college career this coming fall in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

At a weight of 230 pounds Key has a scout rank of 89 and a total of four stars in the recruiting process. Ranked No. 24 in the ESPN 300 list, Key plans on making tough hits in his future collegiate career.

He describes this choice as a “lifetime decision” between LSU and South Carolina.

Attending Junior Day last March, Key committed to play with the South Carolina Gamecocks June 3, 2014. After his commit the star player continued to take unofficial visits to schools which include Kentucky, Louisville and LSU. There was also a visit from the Georgia Bulldogs running backs coach Bryan McClendon.

One would assume thoughts were persuaded when on January 6, 2015 Key decided to decommit from South Carolina.

Following that month another official visit from Georgia’s coach and two official visits to LSU and Miami, respectively. The most recent affiliation Key has with South Carolina is another official visit on the 23rd of January.

Coming to South Carolina, Key could be a key element as a quick defensive against other SEC teams to the future fall 2015-16 season for the Gamecocks.

As far as Key is concerned, however, he will begin his future as a Tiger and now there is no decommitting from this announcement.