South Carolina continues good play with 7-0 win over Miami (Ohio)

South Carolina continued its good play against Miami (Ohio), winning the second game of the series 7-0. The victory wasn't just built on pitching, as South Carolina brought solid hitting to the table.

Junior Jack Wynkoop brought his A-game to the field on Saturday as the starting pitcher for South Carolina. Wynkoop tossed eight innings before being relieved by sophomore John Parke in the top of the ninth.

The left-handed Wynkoop brought South Carolina to victory with five strikeouts, giving up just three hits. 

Wynkoop now has a 2.00 ERA on the season. 

Parke recorded the first two outs of the ninth inning, and freshman Canaan Croppe recorded the last out of the game.

Miami (Ohio) started sophomore Jacob Banks for the first five innings, and he had three strikeouts. Banks was relieved by junior Nick Scheller, who pitched 1.2 innings, giving up for runs.Senior pitcher Clay Cinnamon finished the game for the Red Hawks with one strikeout.

South Carolina was held scoreless in six out of the eight innings it batted in, but the Gamecocks used a four-run seventh inning to pull away thanks to senior right fielder Connor Bright. With South Carolina winning 3-0, Bright belted a grand slam to all but secure the win. 

The first run of the day for the Gamecocks was an unearned one, as Bright scored off of a throwing error by Banks. South Carolina added two more runs in the sixth inning as the Red Hawks committed yet another error. 

Bright finished the day with a team-high four RBIs, all of which came on his home run. 

The Gamecocks, now 11-3, will finish the series against the Red Hawks on Sunday at 1:30 pm at Carolina Stadium.